- In a recent human clinical trial, HYPER-H21-2, DehydraTECH™-CBD reduced arterial stiffness, potentially broadening Lexaria’s application’s ability to treat cardiovascular and other diseases beyond hypertension
- Lexaria’s patented technology DehydraTECH improves how APIs enter the bloodstream –making multiple benefits possible such as increased delivery speed, increase in brain absorbency, higher bioavailability, and lower costs
- The company has patent protection received for delivery of nicotine, vitamins, NSAIDs, terpenes and cannabinoids; and patents pending for delivery of estrogen, testosterone, PDE5 inhibitors, antiviral drugs and more
Oral absorption is the most convenient and widely used administration route for taking medications. Decades of research have advanced the understanding of critical factors – anatomical, physiological, and drug information – which control oral bioavailability. Scientists are now better understanding the physiological function and formulation functionality that has been used in designing better and more desirable oral medicine delivery through extensive research. Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator of drug delivery platforms, is accomplishing this through its patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology.
DehydraTECH(TM) improves the way that active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”) make their way into the bloodstream. This is achieved by promoting healthier ingestion methods and an increase in the effectiveness of fat-soluble active molecules. Lexaria’s DehydraTECH(TM) can be summarized by these major benefits:
- Speeds up delivery
- The subject feels the effects of the product in as little as a few minutes
- Increases bioavailability
- The technology is more effective at delivering a drug or other active pharmaceutical ingredient effectively into the bloodstream
- Increases brain absorption
- Testing suggests greater absorption across the blood-brain barrier
- Improves drug potency
- A higher proportion of API is made available to the body – allowing for lower doses for similar efficacy
- Reduces drug administration costs
- Lower doses can mean lower drug costs overall
- Masks unwanted taste
- The technology eliminates or reduces the need for sweeteners
One of Lexaria’s recent human clinical trials (HYPER-H21-2) using DehydraTECH(TM)-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) reduced arterial stiffness. The discovery potentially broadens Lexaria’s application’s ability to treat cardiovascular and other diseases beyond hypertension, which had already shown tremendous promise (https://cnw.fm/bcUFu).
“Reducing arterial stiffness in Lexaria’s recent hypertension study after only a single day of dosing with our DehydraTECH-CBD is a major discovery,” company President John Docherty said, commenting on the results of the study. “We know that increased arterial stiffness is correlated with many serious and life-threatening diseases affecting people worldwide, and we are optimistic that our latest findings could have future widespread implications for the promotion of improved human health and wellness.”
To evaluate its technology Lexaria has collaborated with the National Research Council (“NRC”), the Canadian government’s premier research and technology organization.
The company has received patent protection for delivery of nicotine, vitamins, NSAIDs, terpenes and cannabinoids; and patents pending for delivery of estrogen, testosterone, PDE5 inhibitors, antiviral drugs and more
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.CannabisNewsWire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor
CannabisNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.